Monday, July 11, 2011

Hi, it's me.

So I'm like many of you. I said I wasn't interested in having a blog. I wouldn't know what to say, much less expect anyone else to be interested in what I didn't have to say. But I love to read blogs and have lots of favorites that I hope to share with you over time. And I thought, "Maybe I can just share what's interesting to me? Maybe I'll pass along a favorite thing or idea or song or recipe or whatever to someone who might be looking for it?" So here we go.

Desiring Domesticity. That's me. I desire to be domestic. That is, to care for my home, for my family. I'm not at home 100% of my week. I am an academic advisor to students at our local University. I really enjoy it, especially the relationships that I've been able to build over the years. But I don't think it's a secret that I would love to be at home 100% of the time, with my sweet girl. You'll know her as Squirrely. I would love to bake bread, sew quilts, take Squirrely on lazy walks, tend to a garden, and the list could go on. But for now, I'm trying to do this domestic thing while advising and thanking God for giving me opportunities to do both at this time in my life. One last thing. You need to know Cowboy Crooner. He's about as handsome as they come and can really really sing. Really. I'm so very glad he's on this little journey with me and me with him. So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment